It’s All About The Benjamins (Rock Remix)
Dir. by Spike Jonze
The fact that Bad Boy in ‘98 was way more punk rock than a lot of music currently.
The entire video is a classic, but gets really good at the 5:13 mark when Lil’ Kim gets on stage.
- Kim stealing the mic from Jadakiss
- Then tearing off her prom dress to reveal some Mad Max type get-up
- The cut to the Craig Mack looking kid with the afro
- Puffy on the cell phone in his prom photo
- Kim and Puffy going all Paul Simonon/Pete Townshend on their instruments
- Jason Schwartzman on guitar and Tommy Stinson on bass
- Puffy leading the revolution with a bunch of suburban white kids trashing their high school
- All of this is taking place while a posthumous Biggie verse lays over some Dave Grohl backed drums